Click on icon to send resume
Job Title: Master Plumber/Journeyman Plumber Position
Strait mechanical is seeking licensed journeyman/master plumber(s) interested in joining a rising company with opportunities in commercial and industrial sector. Projects are primarily in the Denver and Northern Colorado Front Range area but we also have projects in Cheyenne and in the mountains.
We specialize in Plumbing, Hydronic Heating, Process Piping, Certified Welding, Radiant Heat, Snow Melt Systems, Steam & Condensate, Chilled Water, Condenser Water, Boilers, Chillers, Pumps, Tanks, Water Heaters, Compressed Air, High Pressure Piping, etc.
Duties Master/Journeyman Plumber:
• Produce plumbing systems by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Determines sequence of installations by studying building plans and working drawings.
• Identifies obstructions to be avoided by inspecting structure.
• Locates position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes by marking structure, using tape measure, level, and plumb bob.
• Accommodates pipes and pipe fittings by cutting openings in floors and walls, using hand tools and power tools.
• Cuts, threads, and bends pipe by using cutters, cutting torch, threading machine, and bending machine.
• Installs plumbing systems by assembling, positioning, and sealing valves, pipe fittings, and pipes.
• Tests plumbing systems by filling system with water or gas; identifying leaks.
• Complies with federal, state, and local building and plumbing codes by enforcing adherence to requirements.
• Keeps plumbing equipment and tools operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
• Anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipts of supplies.
• Conserves plumbing resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides plumbing information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Documents plumbing actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Family owned business
The right candidate is hardworking, motivated, and wants to enter into the plumbing trade.
Employment Type: Full Time
Pipe Fitter Requirements
• 4+ years’ experience in commercial/industrial construction preferred
• Ability to read plans, details, and submittals
• Experience in rigging, picking, crane signaling
• Laying out welders
• Creating spool sheets/isometrics
• Mechanical room layout, hangers and supports, pipe routing
• Placement of equipment (pumps, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, etc.)
• Experience with carbon steel, stainless steel piping of all sizes
• Experience with flanged, threaded, Victaulic, welded, fusion joints
• Experience with hydronic piping systems, process piping systems, steam/condensate, natural gas.
• Ability to coordinate with other trades and general contractor
• 4+ years of industrial/commercial pipe welding experience preferred.
• Must have experience TIG welding in the field, knowledge of using scratch start process, back purging, etc.
• Ability to weld in all environments, in man lifts, off ladders, confined space, etc.
• Required to pass the following Stick welding tests:
o 6” sch 80 carbon steel pipe, 6G, 6010 root, 7018 fill and cap
o 2” carbon steel super coupon, 6G, 6010 root, 7018 fill and cap
o 1” carbon steel plate structural test. Vertical and overhead 7018
• Required to pass the following TIG welding tests:
o 2” sch 40, 316 Stainless steel pipes, 6G
o 2” sch 80, carbon steel pipe, 6G
• Basic hand tools